The MetaLife technical assistance it counts on specialized and trained technicians and aims to offer a job of prevention, maintenance and quality repair to its clients.
Frequently asked questions:
Your MetaLife product is warranted against manufacturing defects that have been duly verified by Metalife Ind. And Com. De Móveis Ltda. Or by its authorized technical assistance network, during the legal term of 03 (three) months, counted from the date of the invoice, with MetaLife granting 21 (twenty-one) months free of charge as an additional guarantee, totaling 24 (twenty-four) months as a longer term, following the classification below:
- 03 (three) months ropes, upholstery, fabrics, rubbers and in cases of displacement or corrosion in surface finishes such as paints (including varnish), chrome plating, nickel plating and zinc plating;
- 06 (six) months hardware, plastic parts and springs (only against the breaking of these pieces);
- 24 (twenty-four) months structural parts in wood or metal that are subjected to structural stresses.
To request the guarantee and facilitate its service, the invoice number, type or model of the equipment must be provided.
To register a warranty claim, you must access the link:www.metalifepilates.com.br/astec, where you can register the data required for the request.
The legal or extended guarantees are automatically invalidated if:
- The use of the product is not exclusive to exercises defined by the Pilates method;
- The use of parts, tools, or substances (lubricants, cleaners, etc.) not indicated in the equipment manual or not originals is detected;
- The guidelines, recommendations and specifications in the equipment manual for use, pre-use inspections, product reviews and preventive maintenance are not followed, and these costs are not covered by Metalife;
- In the installation of the product, the specifications and recommendations of the equipment manual are not observed for the conditions of the installation site of the product, such as leveling and stability of the floor, suitability of the place for the installation, use of suitable tools and failure to comply with the assembly steps;
- There has been an improper use, misuse or if the product has undergone changes or aesthetic or functional changes, as well as has been carried out by persons or entities not authorized by Metalife Ind. e Com. de móveis Ltda;
- There are signs of product violation, removal or tampering with serial number or product identification label and springs, replacement of parts by others that are not original or not authorized by Metalife Ind. e Com. de móveis Ltda.
- Expenses with the installation of the product performed by persons or entities not authorized by Metalife Ind. And Com. De Móveis Ltda;
- Expenses arising and resulting from the installation of parts and accessories that do not belong to the product, even those sold by Metalife Ind. And Com. De Móveis Ltda., Except for those specified for each model in the equipment manual;
- Expenses with labor, materials, parts and adaptations necessary to prepare the place for installation of the product;
- Failure to operate the product due to lack of user knowledge in the pilates application;
- Services and / or expenses for maintenance and / or cleaning of the product;
- Failures in the normal operation of the product due to lack of cleaning and excess waste, or due to the existence of objects foreign to the operation and purpose of use;
- Transport of the product to the final location of the installation;
- Products or parts that have been damaged as a result of removal, handling, falls or acts and effects arising from nature, such as oxidation, exposure to moisture or rain, flood, tornado, seismic events, etc.;
- Costs of inspection and diagnostic processes (including technical visit fee) determining that the failure was caused by reason not covered by this warranty;
- Expenses arising from sending and returning the product for maintenance;
- Displacements for products that are installed outside the headquarters of the Metalife technical assistance center, which may charge the locomotion fee of the technician, previously approved by the consumer, according to the mileage table used by Metalife Ind. And Com. De Móveis Ltda. authorized service center Metalife;
- Parts worn by natural use such as handles, upholstery, rubber trim, springs, ropes, carabiners, handles, as well as the workmanship used to replace these parts and the consequences of such occurrences.
Click here to access the page with the equipment manuals.
In the manual there are some suggestions on how to keep your device in good condition for much longer. It is important that the recommendations in the equipment manual are passed on to the people who will do the cleaning.
Like all mechanical equipment, Pilates equipment is subject to wear and stress. Proper maintenance and periodic replacement of its components are your responsibility, helping to prevent accidents..
Do not use products that are not made available by Metalife during maintenance and replacement of your components. Metalife assumes no responsibility for any form of improper use of the equipment.
Ensure that it is installed in an environment suitable for Pilates (as described above). Dress appropriately. Do not wear very wide clothes, earrings, watches, rings, bracelets, chains or any other type of prop. Keep your hair and clothing away from moving parts. Loose clothing, jewelry, or long hair can be trapped by moving parts.
Safety inspection before use.
The safety inspection must be performed before the activities to be performed by each user. For each new exercise the devices and accessories to be used must be checked for their safety, cleanliness and suitability to the user:
- Ensure that all equipment components are properly secured and positioned prior to performing the exercises;
- Make sure carabiners, handles, handles and springs (optional) are intact and properly adjusted;
- When using systems that include the use of carabiners, make sure they are properly adjusted, locked, and locked;
- Do not use the equipment or accessories if they exhibit signs of wear, breakage or damage in any of its components;
- Make sure that the equipment is properly adjusted to suit the user’s size and skill level;
- If you need to replace components, replace them only with parts supplied by Metalife, ensuring their safety and durability.
Weekly periodic review.
The weekly periodic review complements the safety inspection and should be performed weekly by a suitably qualified and trained Pilates instructor:
- Make sure that all components are properly adjusted and free from any kind of deformation or wear and replace them as soon as any signs of change are detected;
- Ensure that all handles are correctly positioned and secured;
- Make sure all eyebolts are correctly positioned and secured;
- Check for any kind of deformation or wear on the springs and carabiners, replacing them as soon as any signs of change are detected;
- Periodically, check the equipment for loose screws and tighten them with the supplied keys, if applicable.
Quarterly periodic review.
This review complements the weekly periodic review and should be performed every three months, or maximum period of 1000 (thousand) hours of use, by a suitably qualified and trained Pilates instructor. It is extremely important to carry out a careful check of the equipment, as well as tests of its mechanisms to attest its functionality:
- Perform a thorough inspection on the equipment, seeking to identify any changes;
- Make all necessary adjustments, ensuring that the components are correctly positioned, adjusted and secured. Use the tools provided with the equipment to ensure proper attachment;
- Inspect all components for fractures, deformations, cuts, cracks, or any other variation that is foreign to the equipment. Immediately replace the damaged component or contact Metalife Service. Any faulty component should not be used until it is properly repaired or replaced with a new one;
- Make sure spring tensioning remains in use. If variations in springs are identified, they should be replaced immediately.
- Springs have a maximum life span of two years or eight thousand hours of use, whichever comes first. After this period replace it;
- Replace all carabiners every 24 months or as needed within this period;
- Ensure that all straps remain fully attached to Velcro (if fitted), without risk to the wearer. In case of component wear, replace immediately.
- Do not leave in moist environment.
- Do not air dry in the sun.
- Do not use chemicals for the washing, especially alcohol and solvent, these products can generate changes in the surface finish of the equipment.
Inappropriate checking of items in this revision, as well as the use of improperly adjusted equipment may result in damage to the equipment.
Use the equipment only for exercises defined by the Pilates method.
Consult a physician before starting any physical exercise program. Stop any exercise if you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, feeling faint or any type of muscle discomfort. Seek professional guidance immediately. The application of the Pilates method as well as the use of its equipment should only be carried out under the guidance of professionals properly trained and qualified in the Pilates method.
Do not allow children to use the equipment without the constant supervision of a properly trained and qualified Pilates instructor.
Do not use any parts, tools or substances (lubricants) not specified in the equipment manual.